Crochet Textured Crossbody Bag
This bag has it all! Texture, floral and button detail and cute straps that can be interchanged! Very versatile and whats better is that it all works up in 1 piece! I love collecting buttons and using them in my projects. The buttons really add great detail to the bag and make it unique. I usually find mine at thrift stores or even on the garments themselves then take them off when I get home! The straps I find the same way, just make sure that they have clips at the end to attach to your bag. I used D rings for the sides that can be easily sewn on then the straps click onto them. They can be purchased here:
I think they make the bag look more professional as well as the strap. You can also interchange the straps which is fun too!
Don’t you just love the flower detail? This is where you can get creative with buttons and make it your own!
This is a great pattern that works up fast! You could create this bag in one evening! If you like the crochet flower to add to your projects you can find the free flower pattern here.
Crochet Crossbody Bag
Hook size I, 5.5 MM
Medium worsted weight yarn (I used Red Heart Soft, a little over a skein)
2 D hooks (optional)
Crossbody Strap (optional)
14 sts = 4 inches
Row 1: Sc in second ch from the hk and each st across, turn (27).
Row 2: Ch 1, sc in each st across, turn (27).
Row 3: Ch 1, *sc in first, fpdc in next*, repeat from * ending with sc, turn (27).
Row 4: Ch 1, sc in each st across, turn (27).
– Repeat rows 3 and 4 until piece measures 10“, ending with row 3 (27). (please note that each fpdc will be around the fpdc from the previous fpdc row).
***Change the color here for the next 5 rows if you would like the base of the bag to be a different color.***
– Ch 1, sc in each st across, turn. Repeat for the next 5 rows (27).
– Repeat rows 3 and 4 until piece measures 10“, ending with row 3 (27).
– Ch 1, sc in each st across (27). Fasten off.
Ch 120 (3 strands), fasten off. Knot 3 strands together and braid until the end. Knot at the bottom and trim any long strands.
Crossbody Strap (optional): Use a crossbody strap with hooks on the ends to attach to the “D” ring. Straps like this can be found at resale shops or replacements straps for around $4-$5 on eBay.
D Hook (optional): 1/2 inch D hook. Sew to either side of the bag about an inch down on the inside.
– Using darning needle, cut a long piece of yarn and sew up both sides from the bottom up.
– Attach button on the front of the bag with sewing needle and threading floss.
– Sew on strap at either end on the inside of the bag.
– Crochet the flower and sew on flower with same colored yarn on the front of the bag. Sew on the button in the center. Fasten off and weave in ends.
Button hole: Find the middle of the back of the bag, with 2 long yarn strands together draw up a lp and chain 6 or however many ch sts you need for your button. Sl st into the same st and fasten off, weave in ends. Sew button on the front of the bag.
You’re done! Great job!
Click HERE for more free patterns!
Check out my free printable crochet guides!