Mama Bear Crochet Beanie
Create this cute mama bear beanie! This hat is made with medium worsted weight yarn, size H crochet hook and follows a simple easy to read chart. Very cute and fun to make! The final hat measures approx. 8″ wide and 8.5″ long.
You can purchase this and all the family bear pattern ad free PDF downloads in my Etsy shop HERE.
- H hook, 5.00 mm
- Blunt needle
- Medium worsted weight yarn. I used Loops & Threads Impeccable in “Soft Rose” and Red Heart Sparkle Soft in “Charcoal”
sc- single crochet
hdc- half double crochet
BLO- back loops only
– You will work in the round from the bottom up.
– Stitches will be made in the BLO for the entire pattern.
– When changing colors, yarn over and pull through with the new color.
– Carry both colors through the graph chart then cut the contrasting color to weave in later. You do not need to carry the contrasting color around the hat (the color may show through).
Row 1: Sc in first st to join and each st around.
Row 2: Sc in each st around.
Row 3: Hdc in next 24 sts. Switch to new color and start graph on the 25th stitch (beginning stitch of bears foot).
Continue to work the graph, hdc in all stitches around.
After the graph is completed, hdc in each st around for 3 more rows.
Sc2tog in the BLO around, three times and fasten off leaving a long tail. Turn hat inside out. With blunt needle weave in and out around the top of the hat and fasten off. Weave in all ends.
Attach a faux fur pom with threading floss and cure blunt needle. Weave in and out many times to secure.
Make it a set with my other bear beanie patterns:
Don’t forget to save to your Pinterest boards!