Mama Bear Baby Bear Crochet Beanie
Create this cute mama bear baby bear beanie! This hat is made with medium worsted weight yarn, size H crochet hook and follows a simple easy to read chart. Very cute and fun to make! The final hat measures approx. 7.5″ wide and 8″ long.
You can purchase this and all the family bear pattern ad free PDF downloads in my Etsy shop HERE.
- H hook, 5.00 mm
- Blunt needle
- Medium worsted weight yarn. I used Loops & Threads Impeccable in “Soft Rose” and Red Heart Sparkle Soft in “Charcoal”
sc- single crochet
hdc- half double crochet
BLO- back loops only
sl st- slip stitch
– You will work in the round from the bottom up.
– Stitches will be made in the BLO for the entire pattern.
– When changing colors, yarn over and pull through with the new color.
– Carry both colors through the graph chart then cut the contrasting color to weave in later. You do not need to carry the contrasting color around the hat (the color may show through).
Brim of hat:
Row 1: Hdc in third ch from the hk and each st across (6).
Row 2: Ch 2, hdc in BLO across.
Continue Row 2 until piece measures 19″.
Put ends together and sl st across to join and ch 1.
Sc 59 evenly around the top.
Body of hat:
***You will now continue to work in the round***
Row 1: Hdc in the BLO of the next st and each st around.
Rows 2-3: Hdc in BLO in each st around.
Row 3: Hdc in BLO in next 18 sts, pull through with the new color on the 18th st and follow the graph.
Continue to follow the graph in the BLO and hdc in the BLO in each st around.
When you finish the graph, crochet 7 more rows of hdc in the BLO.
Sc2tog in the BLO around, three times and fasten off leaving a long tail. Turn hat inside out. With blunt needle weave in and out around the top of the hat and fasten off. Weave in all ends. Sew in a faux fur pom with threading floss.
Make it a set with my other bear beanie patterns:
Don’t forget to save to your Pinterest boards!