Create these cute and fun plaid faux fur crochet coasters!
They work up quickly and are fun to make in a variety of colors! The faux fur gives it a beautiful elegant touch and is really easy to work with.
The final coaster measures approx. 5″ X 5″.
Purchase the ad free PDF in my shop HERE.
In my Ravelry store HERE.
- H hook, 5.00mm
- Small amount of medium worsted weight yarn in 3 colors. Picking your colors: Make sure to pick a dark, light and middle color. The middle color should look like the result if you were to mix the dark and light colors together
- Blunt needle to weave in ends
- Faux fur yarn, I used Lion Brand’s Go For Faux in “Blonde Elk”
- When switching colors, yarn over as you finish the dc with the new color
- Carry the 2 colors you are working with on each row, crochet over the color that is not in use.
- The ch 2 counts as a stitch
- The last dc is made at the top of the ch 2 on each row
sc- single crochet
dc- double crochet
sl st- slip stitch
Row 1: With darkest color dc in the 3rd ch from the hk, dc in next st, *switch to medium color and dc next 3 sts, switch back to the dark color and dc next 3 sts*, repeat from * to end, turn.
Row 2: Still with the middle color ch 2 (counts as 1 dc), sk next st, dc in next 2 sts, *switch to light color and dc next 3 sts, switch back to the middle color and dc next 3 sts,* repeat from * to end, turn.
Row 3: With darkest color, ch 2, sk next st, dc in next 2 sts, *switch to medium color and dc next 3 sts, switch back to the darkest color and dc next 3 sts,* repeat from * to end, turn.
Repeat rows 2 and 3 two more times. Repeat row 2 for a total of 6 rows. Fasten off, weave in ends.
With your faux fur pull up a st anywhere on the edge and ch 1. Sc evenly around the coaster with 2 sc in each corner. Sl st in first st and fasten off. Weave in ends.