Plaid with a twist! Create this super cute crochet plaid twist headband with this easy pattern! The twist looks difficult but is very easy to make. Enjoy the pattern!
If you would like to purchase the ad free PDF download version of this pattern you can do so in my Etsy shop HERE.
In my Ravelry store HERE.
- Hook G, 4.25 mm
- Small amount of medium worsted weight yarn in 3 colors. Picking your colors: Make sure to pick a dark, light and middle color. The middle color should look like the result if you were to mix the dark and light colors together
- Blunt needle to weave in ends
- When switching colors, yarn over as you finish the dc with the new color
- Carry the 2 colors you are working with on each row, crochet over the color that is not in use.
- Ch 2 counts as a dc
- Dc at the top of the ch 2 for each row
sc- single crochet
dc- double crochet
sl st- slip stitch
The pattern works in multiples of 3 + 1
With darkest color Ch 61 for toddler, 67 for child and 73 for adult
Row 1: With darkest color dc in the 3rd ch from the hk, dc in next st, *switch to medium color and dc next 3 sts, switch back to the dark color and dc next 3 sts*, repeat from * to end, turn.
Row 2: Still with the middle color ch 2 (counts as 1 dc), sk next st, dc in next 2 sts, *switch to light color and dc next 3 sts, switch back to the middle color and dc next 3 sts,* repeat from * to end, turn.
Row 3: With darkest color, ch 2, sk next st, dc in next 2 sts, *switch to medium color and dc next 3 sts, switch back to the darkest color and dc next 3 sts,* repeat from * to end, turn.
Repeat rows 2 and 3 three more times for a total of 7 rows. Fasten off, weave in ends.
Fold each end in half horizontally. Put those halves together by putting one side of the fold inside the other.
Cut a long piece of yarn and with your blunt needle weave in and out through all ends together. Fasten off and weave in ends.
Turn your piece inside out and you’re done!
See picture/video below how how to make the twist: