Create these adorable crochet heart baby booties!
So cute for little ones! The booties follows a simple easy to follow chart. The final booties measure 4.5″ long and 3.5″ tall.
How to make your booties not slip:
I get this question a lot and have a couple solutions I think work really well:
- Puff paint. Squirt little dots or lines of puff paint on the bottoms. Turn them upside down and let them dry overnight before use.
2. Clear plasti dip spray. This is my preferred method as it works really well and just sprays on. Be sure to do this outdoors. Spray the bottoms and let dry overnight before use.
Purchase the ad free PDF in my Ravelry store HERE.
Make it a set with my matching baby heart hat pattern HERE.
- G hook, 4.25 mm
- Medium worsted weight yarn in 2 colors such as Red Heart Soft:
- Blunt needle
sc- single crochet
hdc- half double crochet
sc2tog- single crochet two together
hdc2tog- half double crochet 2 together
BLO- back loops only
sl st- slip stitch
– When changing colors, yarn over and pull through with the new color.
– Carry both colors through the graph chart then cut the contrasting color to weave in later. You do not need to carry the contrasting color around the entire round (the color may show through).
Row 1: Sc next 9 sts, sc 5 sts in end st, sc next 9 sts, sl st to join (23).
Row 2: Ch 2, 2 sc, sc next 6 sts, hdc next 2 sts, 2 hdc in next 5 sts, hdc next 2 sts, sc next 6 sts, 2 sc in last st, sl st to join (30).
Row 3: Ch 2, 2 hdc in first st, sc next 7 sts, hdc next 4 sts, 2 hdc next 5 sts, hdc next 4 sts, sc next 6 sts, 2 hdc in last st, sl st to join (37).
Body of booties:
Row 4: Ch 2, hdc in the BLO in each st around, sl st to join (37).
Optional: On row 4 you can alternate colors on each st in the round as shown in the maroon and white pair.
Row 5: Ch 2, hdc 11 sts, hdc2tog 7 times, hdc 12 sts, sl st to join (30).
Row 6: Ch 1, sc 9 sts, sc2tog 6 times, sc 9 sts, sl st to join (24).
Row 7: Ch 1, sc 8 sts, sc2tog 4 times, sc 8 sts, sl st to join (20).
Row 8: Ch 1, sc in each st around, sl st to join (20).
Row 9: Follow the graph chart from the bottom up. Sl st to join and ch 1 after each round.
On last row, insert your hook in the stitch to the right in stead of the left. Continue to sc as usual but you will be working around from right to left instead of left to right. This creates a beautiful edging, also known as the crab stitch. Sl st in last st and fasten off. Weave in all ends.
Cut a long piece of the heart colored yarn and thread through your blunt needle weave in and out around the heart to outline it more and give it better definition. Embroider in any areas that need more of the heart color to fill it out. Fasten off and weave in ends.
Make it a set with my matching crochet baby heart hat pattern HERE.
Don’t forget to save to your Pinterest Boards!