Crochet Valentine’s Rose Heart Wreath
Create this beautiful crochet Valentine Rose Heart Wreath! Gorgeous vibrant colors and full roses make this the perfect wreath to display on your front door this Valentine’s Day!
With these step by step instructions you can create this stunning piece is just one afternoon. Enjoy!
Looking for a way to stay organized? Check out my Ultimate Crochet Planner and stay organized all year long!
– 12″ Wire Heart Wreath Frame (at any craft store, amazon)
– Medium worsted weight yarn in red, white and pink. I used Red Heart Super Saver.
– Hot glue gun
– Darning needle
– E hook, H hook and K hook
– Large piece of cardboard
– Wrapping/craft paper
sc- single crochet
hdc- half double crochet
dc- double crochet
sl st- slip stitch
Petals (make 3 petals of each size):
Small- F hook
Medium- H hook
Large- N hook
Petals Pattern (with 2 stands together for medium and large petals only):
Start with a magic ring and ch 1, continue next sequence in the ring.
- sc twice, hdc twice, dc four times, hdc twice, sc twice, sl st to join and fasten off.
Weave in all ends and trim off.
Repeat until you have enough petals for 3 red and 3 pink flowers.
Small white rose (H hook):
2 sc in each of the first 6 sts, 2 hdc in each of the last 6 sts and fasten off leaving a long tail. Curl flower up and sew in and out to secure. Fasten off, weave in ends. Repeat 7 more times for a total of 8 flowers.
Back of Wreath:
Take a large piece of cardboard (I had a large USPS box) and trace the outside of the inner heart around the cardboard. Cut out the heart shape and wrap with wrapping/craft paper and tape to the inside (you will be gluing the flowers here so it doesn’t matter much if it looks nice).
- With 3 smallest petals, hot glue the tips and lay slightly over each other. Hot glue the ends of each middle petal and lay in-between the small petals. Hot glue the ends of each large petal and lay in-between the medium petals. Wait to let dry a little and scrunch up the flower some to take shape.
- With each color pick up a loop anywhere on the heart with H hook (I stated at the base) and sc around, sl st in first st and fasten off. Weave in ends.
- Hot glue around the heart wrapped cardboard piece (with tape side facing up) and press the inside heart of the wreath against it. Arrange the flowers as pictured and hot glue to the heart. Start with the large flowers and finish with the small white roses.
Hanging (with 2 strands together) (H hook):
Pick up a loop in the middle of the top of the heart and ch 20, sl st into beginning ch and fasten off. Weave in end.
You’re done! Great job! Enjoy your new wreath!